He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty Psalm 91:1 This is what the Lord says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. Jeremiah 6:16 "Come to me , all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:28-29
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Sell or Die
This happened this past Sunday in our small group. I found it both interesting and disturbing. I am going to try and stick to the story and not comment too much. As you all know we are still awaiting the sell of our house as are many other people. There is a couple here from Mississippi that is in our exact same boat. They moved here due to the husbands job. They are renting a house until their house is MS sells. They are a wonderful couple, and we really like them. This past Sunday, during prayer requests they asked for prayer that their house would sell soon. The teacher's reply was this: "I know a couple that had the exact same issue, and you know what they did? They fasted for 40 days. Their house sold on day 40. " I was just sitting there thinking....phew...glad we didn't ask for prayer on the sell of our house. I know fasting is very much Biblical. Fasting for me is hard for a day or two, but 40! WOW! I asked Roger what the significance of 40 days was. He said 40 days is the longest a body can go without food. It is a good thing their house sold, or they wouldn't have had any worries! haha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
40 days is a long time to go without food.
Yes, it is. I can't even imagine. I think one has to work up to 40 days. You don't just start there.
I'm feeling ya sister. I struggle with one day too. I can't imagine 40.
Post a Comment