Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Downtown, Ring Around the Roses, Birthday Fun

Friday night we went to check out the Christmas festivities downtown. The newspaper said they would have:
- Seasonal live entertainment
- Festive foods
- Bluegrass/Gospel Christmas show
- Holiday Shopping
- Pictures w/ Santa at Santa's Village provided by BJ (professional photographer)
- Horse Drawn Carriage & "Train" Rides
These things were suppose to start at 5:00 pm and go until 9:00. Jedidiah and I arrived at 5:00. It seemed everything was running behind. A lot of stuff had not started yet, and some of the music stages were still being set up. We finally found the line for Santa, and Santa had not even arrived yet. He arrived around 5:20 or so. I guess these things aren't very punctual. I will know next time. There really wasn't very many people there, but I guess for a small town it was a lot. Roger had to give a final exam and didn't show up till close to 6:00. Because I had Jedidiah by myself, and he usually gets tired of walking, I took the stroller. I have posted a picture of Jedidiah in the stroller mostly because I thought it was hillarious. You will notice he has pretty much out grown this stroller thing. Too Funny! We left shortly after Roger arrived and went to eat at AppleBee's. We never saw any food at the festival. There was one restaurant serving sandwiches or chili, but it was packed. So, we left. ***OH YEAH! I must tell you the funniest part! Jedidiah has been...shall we say...misbehaving a lot recently. So, I have sucumbed to the Santa bribary. I know it is sad, but to be honest it hasn't really worked any way. Okay, to the funny part. Last night after Jedidiah finished talking to Santa we were walking out of the winter wonderland and Jeddy looks up with a devilish smile and tells us that he told Santa he had been a good boy. You could tell by the way he said this he really thought he had pulled a big one over on ol' Santa. He is such a stinker!
Roger's basketball team had their first practice today. Way too funny. Several times I had to turn my head, or hold back laughter. There were two of the cutest little girls on the team that could have cared less about basketball. They were playing ring around the rosies, and patty cake. They were hugging each other and holding hands. It is the least I could say to tell you that they were in their "own little world". Some of those little boys are good. They are 5 and 6 years old. This one little boy in particular was very good. I asked him if he had ever played. He said no, but that he had an older brother who had. He also said that his parents sent him to basketball camp this past summer. We must of missed the memo on that one. Oh well! Jedidiah is improving. He can dribble the ball, and is throwing it up higher towards the goal. I don't really expect him to excel in this sport since neither Roger nor I have ever liked playing. It is good exercise though. Some of the kids can't throw the ball high enough to get near the goal, so Roger showed them how to "Granny Shoot". I thought the parents on the side line would stroke. When Roger wasn't looking this one set of parents told their child he better throw it over handed. I have a feeling Roger and I are going to have our hands full with a bunch of "CrAzY pArEnTs". The sport is through our church so the coaches have to be members of the church, but I don't think a lot of the parents attend church. At least not ours. Should be interesting!
Today, Saturday we went to Jedidiah's friend's birthday party. Her name is Rylie, and she just turned 3. It was a lot of fun. The party was at her parents and grandparents house. Jedidiah was the only child they invited. They played pin the tail on the donkey, and they are both cheaters! HA! We enjoyed cake and pizza and good fellowship. We are now looking forward to next week. Jedidiah's children's choir is performing at church tomorrow night, and his preschool is having their Christmas program and party next Tuesday and Thursday. Things are starting to get very busy, although I am certain you didn't need me to tell you that.

3 comments:

Sisters said...

I love how active y'all are already in your new place!
AJL

Emily said...

Sounds like you guys have been BUSY! Glad you are having fun. Sorry we missed you over the Thanksgiving weekend.

Melissa Southerland said...

This post made me laugh from tbe begining to the end. I wish I could be there to watch the b-ball playing with you. I'm sure we would get some good laughs.