We have all heard of it Murphy's Law. Why does it seem to hit me more often than not? I could have my house clean 360 days out of a year, and company will drop by on those 5 days that it is not. Never fails!
As we are adjusting to our new town, and trying to penetrate some new friendships, which at times seems impossible, we sometimes end up discouraged and frustrated. Well, it seems we have generated friendships, but probably not after today. A sweet couple from our church called on Christmas Eve and said they wanted to drop by and give us a Christmas present. We received the message late Christmas Eve night. We didn't want to call them on Christmas Day so we waited until Friday, the day after. They were out of town until Saturday. We saw them on Sunday, and the husband said they wanted to drop by that afternoon and give us a gift of goodies. So, we in a mad dash rushed home after church spent the next few hours cleaning, and more cleaning. I am not sure we even ate lunch. Yea, that's right we did after cleaning. So, then we waited. We waited. and We waited. They never showed. Oh well, they probably got busy and forgot. So, around 6:00 pm we decided to let Jedidiah play again. All day we wouldn't let him get anything out unless it was in the bedroom (torture for a kid). He played and played once we gave him the okay. He dumped out all kinds of toys! Roger and I let our guard down too. Well, who happens by today, while we are lying around. You got it! Our "new" friends that will probably be our "old" friends after today. I was still in my pj's couldn't even get up out of the chair. I had a blanket over me to cover up the fact that I was bra less. My hair was a rats nest (if you have ever heard that phrase before). Jedidiah looked like one of beebee's kids. Roger looked nice. He had already been out job hunting. I was horribly embarassed, and upset to think the house was spotless less than 24 hours ago. Oh well! I guess this will be an opportunity to see if they were "true" friends!
Signed,
Very embarrassed!
1 comment:
That is too funny!
Post a Comment