Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Date Night

Roger and I enjoyed a much needed date night tonight. Every time I go out with that man just the two of us I remember why I fell in love with him. We decided we wanted to go see a movie after supper. This is the hardest part for us. We can never agree on a movie so we have to meet in the middle, and see movies that neither one of us really want to see. We compromised and went and saw Marley and Me. It looked really funny on the preview. In hindsight I probably should have read a little more about it. I am about to tell you the end of the movie, so if you don't want to know you had better stop reading.

The dog dies! Can you believe it? For those of you who don't know me that well. I don't "DO" death movies. People death is worse than animal death, but I have discovered I don't do either. Why do people go to movies were there is sadness and death? I will never understand. Isn't life filled with enough death and sadness? To make matters worse we just lost our dog back in July. So the pain is still a little fresh. What a great way to ruin a date night huh? We both left the theater feeling very sad. I was frustrated that I had wasted my time seeing a death movie! Starbucks helped a little, but obviously I am still a little upset about it.

On the bright side: At least we didn't see the movie first.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You crack me up. Don't you know all animal movies end in death?? When I saw the commercial I assumed the worst in the end and then I asked Melissa and she confirmed it. Next time, assume the worst with a "feel good" movie. (Don't you love my positive attitude?)

Anonymous said...

I liked the movie even though I cried all the way through it. I guess I'm wierd like that :)