He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty Psalm 91:1 This is what the Lord says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. Jeremiah 6:16 "Come to me , all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:28-29
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Full Circle
As my blog states I can and will use it at times to vent or get things off of my chest. This may be one of those times, so I won't hold it against you if you choose to not read any further. Writing/typing is some what cleansing to me. This is my story...After high school I decided college wasn't for me. I had had enough of education and was ready to explore my options and make some money. My best friend and I decided to put in applications at a factory where my brother was the plant manager. I guess you could say it was a shue in. We worked there for a year. I did everything from sewing, inspecting, boxing, to driving the fork lift and loading trucks. It was pretty good money, but I saw a lot of women there who looked older than they were, and were very tired. It was hard work. My brother thought it was his mission in life to make mine miserable in an effort to show me that an education was necessary. It worked. Within a year I started to college. I sought a part time job at Wal Mart to help with the expenses of college. I actually loved college! It was so much better than high school. There was a sense of freedom, with no one "making" you do anything. There was a sense of accomplishment for yourself. If you made an A....YOU made an A, and it felt good to make A's in college. Especially since I didn't make them in high school. I worked at Wal Mart for several years working my way up to the position of cash office clerk. You know... the lady who picks up all the cash from "all" the registers and carts it to an office that requires two keys for two different locks to enter. Then counts all the loot, and prepares deposits. Several of my friends began to leave Wal Mart and were getting jobs at a credit union that paid pretty well at that time. So, I followed suit. I loved it there. If I had never met Roger I would probably still be working there now. Don't mistake that for regret! It isn't! That is just how much I liked it there. One of my managers there was actually the person who introduced Roger and I. Little did he know we would go on to get married, and name our son after him. Jedidiah "Stephen"......His name was Stephen, but everyone called him Steve. He was such a wonderful christian man. Several years after Roger and I had been married he died with cancer. He did get to meet Jedidiah. I will never forget how well his father was able to stay composed during his illness. He once told us that God gave them Steve a long time ago, and they raised him up.... introduced him to Jesus...He accepted Jesus as his personal Savior, and from that day forward he was God's to do with what he saw best. Amazing!! I will never forget that as long as I live. So, if it weren't for the career change to the credit union I would have never met Roger. So, thank you God. After leaving the credit union I moved to Arkansas, because that is where Roger's job took him, and through Roger's love, inspiration, and support I was able to complete my degree in Arkansas. I am the only child in my family that has a college degree. They grow on trees for some families, but not ours. While in Arkansas God provided me with a wonderful job at our church during the time I was getting my degree. I say God provided it because I know he did. My dad became terminally ill while I was working there and where else could you work that would let you off a few days almost every month to go back home and see your dad. Absolutely NO WHERE!! Only God could have made that provision for me. Then straight out of college I was blessed with a great job. Although it was stressful at times, it was a great job. I got to work around my family's schedule, come and go as needed, where else as a part time employee could you get paid holidays, vacation, personal time, and even money put into a retirement plan. I guess you could say I have been blessed! I would and am! So, during these stressful times when it doesn't seem like anything is panning out, and we have no clue how we are going to pay all of next months bills. I have to remember that my GOD is in control, and look back over my life and see where he has been at work, and remember at those times I had some of these same feelings, but God always made a way. Not only did he make a way, but His way was always so much better than any I could have envisioned. I wanted to insert a verse here, but couldn't remember exactly how it went or where it was in the Bible. As, I was looking for it God gave me this verse: Psalm 16:9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices; My flesh also will rest in hope. Wow! Does that say it all or what. The theme of chapter 16 is: The joys and benefits of a life lived in companionship with God. So, as I sat here tonight in what started off as self pity because I have come "full circle".....meaning I applied for a job at Wal Mart which is pretty much where I started I can take great comfort in my history with our risen Savior. This night I have counted my blessings, and they are many.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so glad you wrote this. I felt some of these same things back in the Spring & Summer. Keep praying, it will pay off, I promise. Cry too...it helps! :)
AJL
Trish, I'm glad you vented to us! I pray for you all daily and I know God has a plan for y'all and I'm glad that you can take comfort in knowing that He is your provider. It is always neat to see the way God always works things out.
Love you!
Jeremiah 29:11
I'm praying for you sister!
Post a Comment