Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Roger's Office

A few weeks ago before Roger's fall break, they had begun to put a new roof on the college he is now employed at and the roof started to fall in. They closed the whole second floor of the building, and all the staff got to go home early. Due to this happening they postponed the roof replacement. There were tarps and other things on the roof during this time. On a Friday, again before fall break, Jedidiah and I went to pick Roger up at work, and three huge square chunks of something flew off the roof. We were dodging them in the car. Luckily none hit us. I told Roger this place is falling apart. Well, during fall break they began work on the roof again, and this is what happened.

The door straight ahead is Roger's office door. Now, we know why they waited until fall break. Upon Roger's return to work they were supplied with face masks, and had to do some clean up in their offices. The school did the "big" stuff, but Roger said there was and is dust all over everything. Crazy! Huh? He still loves his job there, and his decision was affirmed after he visited his colleagues in Fort Smith. There are a lot of staff in FS looking for other opportunities. Isn't God so good to affirm us, when we question his plans. I also think that it was too cool how this all came about. Meaning: for years I wanted to be closer to family, but I feared that if we moved and it wasn't as great as I thought it would be that Roger would be upset with me or he would be miserable. As it turns out, I believe he is happier here than I am. I am happy here, and love seeing family often, but I do miss my friends in the Fort terribly. Although, I miss my friends, I have to take comfort in the fact and affirmation that we are in God's will.

1 comment:

Sisters said...

God love you, honey! At least your blog background is the cutest one I have ever seen! :)
Cry, you'll feel better and it WILL get better, I promise!
AJL