Monday, January 26, 2009

Country Music Singer

I may have already sent you an e-mail on this, but if not you will soon be in the "Know". I am so not a country music fan, and wouldn't know Faith Hill or any of the others if they crossed in front of me. I am not impressed with stardom, and wouldn't run up to any famous person on the street, at a concert, or any where. I am telling you all that to say this: Well, One of the first few Sundays we visited the church we now attend, we heard this guy sing. Nothing but him and his guitar. It was so awesome. I can't begin to describe it. I have never heard a voice so great! I just knew he was one of country music's finest. As soon as we got home that day in an effort to stomp out my curiousity I googled him. He sings in Nashville one night a week. Roger and I had the pleasure of meeting him and his wife at one of our socials. He is a really super nice guy, a computer genius, and just happens to be married to one of the nicest women I have ever met. I like to see good things happen to good people. So, if you do too take the time to read what he wrote on FB and then follow the link I have below. I promise if it was lengthy I wouldn't ask.

Dave wrote: One of my favorite bands Little Big Town is sponsoring a contest. The winner gets to open a few shows for them in March '09. Please help Dave Parks out by going to the link here and Demand Dave Parks for your city. It's that easy! You get one demand per email (hint hint- if ya have more than one email you could demand more than once!) Thanks for all your help.Click below to demand Dave in your city!Thanks for all your help!

It would be awesome to see him win. If you could take a few minutes, if it even takes that long and click here. You will then be prompted to enter your zip code. If I remember correctly it will take you to a screen that then lets you enter your e-mail address. You will have to look for Dave Parks - he is around page 3. He was #59 last I checked. They aren't going to try and sell you anything. I believe they just want conformation that the address actually exsists, and that you don't vote twice using that e-mail.

Good Luck Dave!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I voted!

Cheryl said...

I voted too when I got your email!