Monday, February 2, 2009

Prayer

Please pray for my grandmother, Momapearlie. She fell a week or so ago and broke her hip. She is in her 90's so I can't imagine that she will bounce back, but if she does it won't be easy. I am not one of those people who wants you to pray for a miracle that she will walk away as if nothing ever happened. She has been in a lot of pain for a while now, and hasn't had much of quality of life. She told me long ago that she prays that God would just take her home. It breaks my heart, because as much I would love for her to live forever I know she won't, and more specifically I don't want her to live out her days in pain, or in a nursing home. She has been such a faithful servant of Christ. I can only think of one time in my life that she said or did something that wasn't very nice. I do those things daily. She has lived a life filled with the love of God. If she met you today she would ask you if you knew Jesus. She has drug many of friends to church. If they spent the night with me - they went to church. Would you please join me in prayer that she would not suffer long if at all. Most of all that God's will be done, but that he would please show her mercy. She was suppose to be moved today to a nursing home for physical therapy, but that was delayed. She has been choking on her food, and some of it got sucked down into her lungs. They think she coughed it all up, but did a procedure to make certain. This procedure reflected that she has bone spurs in her throat. Sounds horrible. Thus she is still in the hospital and they have reinserted her IV. She can't eat or drink anything, and as a result if very weak. As I said before please pray that God would show her mercy. I know there will be a rejoicing when she arrives. My mom and grandfather will be waiting on her, but most of all she will see Jesus.

4 comments:

Rebecca Shaw said...

Hello,

Wanted to let you know that I am praying.

Jennifer said...

I'll be praying for her. I completely understand but it's still very hard.

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for her, Trish. It's so hard to see those we love and admire in poor health.

Cheryl said...

Trish, I'm so very sorry. I will keep your Momapearlie in my prayers, and I will keep you in my prayers too. I know these are difficult times.