Friday, January 9, 2009

Infomercial Junkie

When we lived in Fort Smith we subscribed to basic cable, so we really didn't watch a lot of TV. Most all of Jedidiah's shows were early morning and early afternoon. Since moving to Tennessee we have a step up from basic we get 99 channels, which is more than enough. Jedidiah now gets to watch Nickelodean, Disney, and PBS. With these new channels comes a ton of infomercials. Especially on Nick. It amazes me just how much attention Jedidiah pays to the infomercials. It is as if he is their "Target" audience. Here are a few examples. The Snuggie. You know it. It is the blanket that buttons or zips up and you are all bundled up with the exception that this one is made for walking. The infomercial says you can wear it to ballgames, cookouts, anywhere. Roger and I crack up when we see it because the people with them on look like monks. Well, Jedidiah has decided that we "REALLY" need one. Actually not just one, but three. He said we all need one! The commercial says they are for Chill Wren too. He cracks me up saying Chill Wren....that is how his sweet little voice says children. He is kind of obsessed with infomercials in general. Here are two more he likes.

Any time he sees the commercials for these three products he begins to yell, "WE NEED THAT" "WE NEED THAT"!! and won't give up until I come into the living room and watch the "whole" commercial. I am wondering if there is some kind of hidden message in there that only children can hear. The other day I was hanging up some coats in the coat closet and Jedidiah says, "our closet would look better if we had those hangers they show on TV". I just about lost it. It cracked me up. Then yesterday I was getting out of bed and Jedidiah was at the edge of the bed. He was looking at my eyes. I said what's wrong. He goes, "You really need that eye brush that spins around". He is killing me. It is hilarious. So funny I thought I needed to share. He is going to be one of those people that orders absolutely everything he sees on TV. I don't think I will be watching QVC with him.

3 comments:

Sisters said...

I am with Jeddy...I love the hangers and want them badly!
AJL

Jennifer said...

Let me know how that mascara wand works out for ya.

Cheryl said...

That's too funny...I needed that laugh today!