Friday, February 27, 2009

Fun Filled Friday

Today was a fun day. Roger is off of work on Friday's and I get to step outside the box (our apartment) and have some fun! Well, actually the "fun" began after I did 7 loads of laundry. Had to tell you that part so you wouldn't think I was a total slacker. Today we treated ourselves to a Nashville tradition since 1951. We had lunch at:

Here are a few things we found out about the cafe:

Martha Stewart said, "I wouldn't miss a trip to Nashville without going to the Loveless Cafe"

"America's Top down-home dining spot" - USA Today

"Absolutely Incredible" - Conan O'Brien


"Al Gore, Princess Anne, and just about any Country Star you could name have all pulled up a chair to Loveless Cafe's red Checkered tablecloths." - Country Weekly Magazine

Here is what the place looks like:


More fun we had there:


Gotta love these painted boards with the faces cut out. Too fun!

We later enjoyed Jedidiah's first soccer practice. It was awesome to see him do something he really enjoyed. He has been playing basket ball these past couple of months, but he hates it. He has actually asked to "not" have to play any more. It is only the first day of practice, but so far Jedidiah loves soccer and seems to be pretty good at it. After practice ended we had to make him leave. He just kept running back and forth from goal to goal practicing making his shots. I have to say - the soccer moms are MUCH MORE FRIENDLY than the basketball moms. I really enjoyed meeting them and getting to know them. I am looking forward to the soccer season. Here is a slide show of Jedidiah loving soccer. (There are only about 4 photos.)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I have a good feeling about soccer for Jedidiah. It's nice for the kids just to be outside playing. You didn't mention what you ordered from the restaurant and if it was any good or not.