Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Long Time No Write

I haven't blogged in so long I am uncertain if I remember how. Things have been crazy around here. There was a long stretch of boredom in my life until about 2 weeks ago. Then the bottom fell out! Feast or Fathom as they say. My sister had lap band surgery. She has recovered very well, and lost 7 lbs in one week. Way to go Pam! She will be looking good for summer, which has inspired me to do something.

My grandmother was moved to the nursing home today.....supposedly for therapy, although I am unsure if she will ever make it out. Her muscles in her neck/throat no longer work so she is unable to eat. They had to put a feeding tube in her stomach. After the surgery she PULLED it out while waiting in recovery....OUCH! Can you imagine? They had to survey the damage, which fortunately was only bruising and they put it back in. The doctors said if she pulls it out again they will not put it back. She is a fighter and doesn't like anything they are doing to her. She has pulled her IV out numerous times. This is why someone has to stay with her around the clock.
Jedidiah is doing well. He has 2 more basketball games. We have registered him for soccer. It should start later this month, and his first game will be in March. He is excited about soccer. I think he will like it a lot better than basketball. Lately, he has been getting ready for his Valentine's Day parties that will be this week. Here is a locker box we made for him to put his Valentine's in. It is made out of cracker box. Yet another idea from my Family Fun magazine. I love that one! I told Jedidiah he should put some hearts on it, but he didn't want to. I guess that was too girly for him. Who knows?



Right now we are looking forward to moving in May. I am counting down the days. We decided to wait until the semester and tax season is over. We are still trying to decide where to move and which school district we want to land. Roger told me the other day that the metro schools were in trouble because they didn't meet the required number of days to be in school this year. That is scary if they can't even plan the correct number of days to have class. Kind of makes you wonder where else they are in error. Well, I am determined to find a house to rent and leave this apartment life. If you all remember I had never lived in an apartment before, and actually thought I might like it and never want to own a house again.....hahahaha.......That was the dumbest thing I ever said.
I fell in love with this house in town that was NOT for sale. I told Roger too bad that house isn't for sale. Well, wouldn't you know now it is. Here is the link. I love this house. It is out of our price range, but what does it hurt to dream? It reminds me of the house where Roger and I was married. I used to dream of living in that house. Who knew someday I would be married there.
Lastly I thought I would leave you with a couple of photos. First is a photo of the kids at Nashville West. I love to go there and shop. There is a Target, Books A Million, Bath and Body, Marshall's, Ross, and several other stores. They have differently painted guitars up through out the shopping center and country music playing as you walk down the sidewalk from store to store.
Last but not least here is a picture that Jedidiah made at church a couple of Sundays ago. Too funny! It is a picture of Roger and I going to church to praise God. Funny part is that Jedidiah said Roger was in his underwear. If you look it looks a lot like underwear. That boy cracks me up. He thinks this is so funny. So do I. Roger- not so much. Oh, the circle in the center is Roger's belly button.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

That picture is hilarious. I'm sure Roger is just thrilled that you posted it on your blog as well so all the world may see!

Trish said...

SHhhhhh. Roger doesn't know..hahahaha

Roger Lightner said...

I just read this and I'm not sure I like a picture of me in my underwear on the internet.

Trish said...

Glad to see you are finally reading my blog...haha

Patrick said...

Nice locker valentine box. I saw that in the magazine but it looked too hard so we did the fire truck.

If Roger doesn't like picture's of him in his underwear online he needs to quit wearing underwear.