He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty Psalm 91:1 This is what the Lord says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. Jeremiah 6:16 "Come to me , all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:28-29
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Prayer
I know I have asked for a lot of prayers lately, but would you please continue to pray from my MomaPearlie (grandmother). I can't even remember who I have told what. Maybe I have already blogged about this, and in my rush of emotions forgotten about it. Here is the situation. She was moved to the nursing home, which was suppose to be for therapy to recover from her broken hip, although I really never anticipated that she would fully recover. She got the stomach bug, and they stopped giving her food/liquids through her feeding tube. This lead to her becoming dehydrated, which in turn got her moved to the hospital. Once she arrived there we found out she also has pnemonia. It doesn't look good. The part I hate is that she is in so much pain. Her back hurts her a lot even with the pain meds. She has bed sores. She was begging for ice cream last night, but she can't have anything because she chokes on it and it goes into her lungs, unless it is through her feeding tube. So, sad! Mostly because she was always so active! She was never an idle person even in her 90's. I know this may sound so morbid, but I can't stand to see her in such pain and begging for stuff. It is so selfish of me to want to keep her here, when I know she is a christian and will spend eternity in heaven - with no pain-no suffering. So, please pray that God would end her suffering, that He would comfort her, and wrap her in His arms and take her home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Trish, I am so sorry. I will continue to pray.
I will definitely keep her and your family in prayers. I know it is terrible to see this happening to someone you love. I tried to catch you on the phone today with no luck so I'll try again tomorrow!
We will keep praying!! Love ya!
Praying for her!
So glad my post helped you see the silver lining...I am living proof that it is there, I promise! :)
AJL
Post a Comment