Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A New Season

Isn't it funny how we try different things during different integrals of life. Let me explain. I never was really big on shopping, until I moved to Fort Smith, AR. I acquired quite the talent for shopping. I love a good deal, and price comparing. Nothing thrills me more than to pay less for something than it is priced elsewhere. For example: I always like to buy Jedidiah a "good" name brand pair of tennis shoes. The rest of his shoes can be whatever. I have found that Target is good for his church shoes. Since, he doesn't wear them very often. Last weekend I was on a mission....he has out grown his tennis shoes. I searched high and low in Huntsville, AL and couldn't find anything under $40.00. Well, $40.00 was really more for shoes than I wanted to spend. Especially since he will out grow them soon enough. While they were the ones we wanted (with no shoe strings to tie) I decided to hold out. Well, it paid off! I found them at Toys 'R Us in Nashville...I am going to scream it! $19.99. Can I get a WOO HOO? I was amazed! They were clearanced out and they had them in his size! Well, where I am going with this is that my move to Tennessee has brought out a crafty side in me that I always swore I didn't have. It is so bazaar...but I find myself wanting to do all this crafty stuff and wanting to go to JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby. It is almost as if I don't know myself! Maybe it is the bordem that is getting to me. Here is a picture of my latest venture. I painted this to hang our keys on when we come in the door. I used some stenciling, which isn't very expensive. My next thing I am thinking about making is those pillow case dresses for girls that you see everywhere. I will post a picture of one, but I didn't make it...at least not yet. During the winter season a turtle neck can be worn underneath with some cute tights...I can't wait to make one.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

WOO HOO!! Look at you go! That key holder is so pretty and I've never seen the pillow case dresses before. They are too cute! I guess the thread count would determine how expensive those dresses would be to make. :-)

Melissa Southerland said...

You go with your craftiness, girlfriend! I am very impressed!!!