Saturday, November 15, 2008

An Interesting Weekend

We have been trying to find the perfect weekend to take Jedidiah to the zoo, and it hasn't happened yet. We decided to wait until it got cooler so it wouldn't be miserable day. Then we got into a busy time traveling to Arkansas, Jedidiah's birthday party, and then we were all sick. This weekend seemed to be the best time to go, after all the weather had been nice this past week. Wouldn't you know a cold front moved in along with some rain. Needless to say we weren't able to go to the zoo this weekend. So, we did other things. Jedidiah and I rode to one of the Nashville libraries with Roger for Rog to attend a meeting on environmental issues. Jedidiah and I had decided that we would hang out at the library till daddy was done. As we were looking at books it was obvious that something "big" was going on in the children's section of the library. So, I asked the cute lady in the ballerina outfit..tutu and all what was going on. She was from the Nashville Ballet and had come to do story time and some dancing. I was pretty excited about this, but didn't know if I should encourage Jedidiah to attend such a girly event or not. So, I told him what it was about, and gave him the choice. He wasn't nearly as interested as me. He chose not to attend the story time. So, we played on the computer for a very long time. The story room was so full of people that they had to ask the parents/adults to step out to make room for the kids. You should have seen all the little girls with their ballerina gear on...too cute!! The librarian said usually no one shows up for story time on Saturday mornings. I guess we were lucky to be there on the busiest Saturday ever. Since the rain postponed our zoo trip we drove to Franklin, TN where Jedidiah and myself got our favorite fast food...you guessed it! Chick Fil A! Jedidiah said it sure took too long to get there, and he liked Arkansas better because we lived a lot closer to Chick Fil A. Roger and I laughed. I told Roger I wanted to live in Franklin because they have all the amenities I am used to. Jedidiah quickly reminded me that it didn't have his friends, but he wished his friends were there. Roger, missing out on the entire conversation, said what friends. Then Jedidiah named them off: Drew, Meredith, Alli, Canon, and Brock. He then told us he didn't have any friends here, which isn't true. He is so funny at times.

We finally heard from our realtor today. Haven't heard from her since Labor Day weekend. I hadn't called her either. We have pretty much decided to rent our house in Arkansas out. We are ready to move into a bigger place here, and have all our "stuff" with us. We really didn't have any desire to be landlords, but sometimes God calls us to do things we aren't comfortable to do or just plain don't want to do. I am not trying to tag God's name onto this, but it is the decision we feel is best for now. I am praying that eventually if we hold onto the property long enough it will become commercial property and we will make big money. I know, I know, it isn't likely. Roger has already busted my bubble. He thinks I am crazy, but what is wrong with living in my dream world. You never know. I am sure at one time there were houses where the mall is and so on.

I know this is a long post, but I thought I would catch you all up on the going ons of Trish and crew. Lately, I have been consumed with preparing for my nephew and his wife's baby shower. I am looking forward to it, and love planning those types of events. Their baby is scheduled to be born on my birthday, which is funny since Jedidiah was almost born on my nephew's birthday. Anyway, I am going to attach some pictures of the invitations, and the diaper cake I made for the shower. I apologize for the poor photos, but I do have in a request to Santa for a digital camera. For those of you who don't know, I am currently taking photos with our digital camcorder. Okay, sorry for that side track, back to the story. Did you know these diaper cakes sell on the internet for $60 +. I saw one for $112.00. WOW! I didn't have a clue. In the photo, in case you can't make it out, the ribbons I used where chocolate brown and pink. The brown has pink polka dots on it both small ones and large ones. Well, I hope you have a blessed week. Oh yea! I almost forgot! We are planning on making a trip to Fort Smith, AR for Thanksgiving. I realize everyone will be busy so I'm not going to try and plan anything, unless anyone is up for BLACK FRIDAY! I love Black Friday, and it is not good to go alone. We are coming there to get the remaining items. We don't have renters yet, but are praying they will come soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The property you're hoping will become commercial, is it in Arkansas or Tennesee?

Todd McCalla
Corporate Realty Advisors

Roger Lightner said...

Arkansas

Jennifer said...

That diaper cake and invitation is awesome! You did a great job!

Melissa Southerland said...

I tell ya what, you are just becoming quiet the crafty one! I hate that we will be gone the entire time y'all will be here...that stinks but I'm glad for y'all that you are going to start renting the house.

love and miss ya!

Sisters said...

Ok, I am loving this post. So much happening all at one time and you are crafting, through it all. I love it. This is so where I was in May/June. Very pleased to hear you are renting the house...that will help alot, I am sure.
AJL