Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Basketball Skills Test

Well, as most of you know last night was Jedidiah's first basketball skills test. It was so exciting. Although I have been trying to teach him to dribble, he still thought he was getting to play soccer. He is catching on though. There were several kids that had the same skills as Jedidiah, which was not having any experience yet. They were so cute! It was all I could do to keep from going out there with him, and just enjoy shooting ball. I refrained in an effort to not look like the crazy mother who can't let go....which I do struggle with. Hey, he is the only one we have - what do you expect? Roger got recruited to coach, which automatically places Jedidiah on his team. I am uncertain about this because I know Roger will be harder on Jedidiah, not to mention Jedidiah would listen to a stranger much better than his daddy (sad but true). I forgot my camera. I know loser mother! HA! I was a bit stressed because I was suppose to be at Bible study at 6:00 with a meal mind you, and have Jedidiah at practice at 6:00. Roger was on his way to meet me at practice from Nashville, but didn't help much in the preparation of getting it all together. I was late for Bible study because I watched about 20 minutes of the practice. It didn't matter though our group never starts on time. There were people showing up after me, which is great for me! Our Bible study was at the music minister's wife's house (well it is his house too, but you know what I mean) not only did I forget my camera, but I forgot the directions. Not a good thing. Everyone here lives way out in the country....it is so dark at night! I couldn't remember the house # and you couldn't see the house from the road....what a dilemma. Luckily my niece was home to assist me with technology. She had to go to the church's website, find out the music minister's name, then go to switchboard.com and look up their address. Once I had the house # it was easy! All in a "normal" day in the life of Trish! LOL!

No comments: