Monday, November 3, 2008

The Joy of My Day


For those of you who haven't recently filled out an application, I encourage you to do so. Not Really!! I have gotten so used to just throwing my resume at a business that it is now truly hard to actually fill out an application. The question I am struggling with tonight is, "What are your present plans for the next five years?" Are you kidding me?!!! Like I am really going to tell them that in five years, and hopefully way before then...that I won't be working for them any more. If I were honest that is what I would say. I would also say something like...well my plans are to pay my bills, have lots of family time, move out of this apartment, payoff our home mortgage, gain a new mortgage, and lots of other stuff. Do they really care what "I" have planned for the next five years? NO! They want to hear how I am seeking a great job at their establishment, and plan to gain all the knowledge I can about their business and their environment in an effort to advance and spend many years with them. Give me a break! Am I the only person out there without a five year plan! I am a day to day kind of girl. My plans never work out any way.

No comments: