Monday, September 8, 2008

Staying at Home

After a long period of having to find something to do everyday, because we didn't have cable, internet, or phone service it has finally come to an end. Jedidiah is now happy to stay home, doesn't want to go anywhere. Actually, I am ready for a day at home as well.

Tomorrow we are anticipating an inspection from our landlord...Weird? huh? They are going into every apartment here, probably over 100 units. Talk about a relentless job. In my mind I have come to the conclusion they are looking for any kind of illegal activity, but in reality they are probably looking for signs of bugs or rats in an effort to make a decision on pest control. Pretty boring. Anyway I spent much of today cleaning, and not allowing Jedidiah to play with anything.


At the end of day I finally decided that we "HAD" to venture out to the grocery store, because we are out of milk. While we are checking out the girl keeps swatting at something. I am thinking, okay does my breathe stink? I brushed right? Then she tells me that she is swatting at a knat. Phew, thank goodness. Well, the people here in Tennessee are extremely friendly, and at times will tell you a lot of information. She proceeds to tell me that she is living in her parents basement and it is infested with knats. I am now wondering if she brought this one with her, or if it just happened to be in the store hanging around her register. She then tells me that the basement also has a snake problem, and they have run across numerous ones. She thinks they are copper heads. If the story couldn't get any worse it is also rat infested, and you can't have "any" food down there, or even be eating done there. I don't know about you, but I would have left at the knats......

3 comments:

Rebecca Shaw said...

Hello! It is good to hear from you! I will look forward to reading all about the Lightners....

Sisters said...

I am cracking up at the Grocery tale. That poor girl needs to go the women's shleter or find a friend...it has to be better than the basement at home. Oh my.

AJL

Jennifer said...

YEA! My Trish has started a blog! I'm so glad! Have you decided to come back to Ft. Smith yet?