Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fat People

We went to church last night, and the lesson for the preschoolers was "love one another". At the end of the night when I picked Jeddy up, I asked him did he have fun? He says, "Yes". So then I ask if he played with any of the other kids? "He says "Yes, but I don't like or play with fat kids." WHAT? Where did this come from? I proceeded to tell him that we are to love one another, and that God's children come in all different colors and sizes. I don't know if this got through to him or not. He immediately locks down, and doesn't say another word. Where has my child learned this? Does he realize that if he boycotts fat people he will have to be raised by wolves! Since 90% of his entire family is over weight. I just think this is so ironic. I could totally see it if Rog and I were avid runners and very trim & fit, but what? I am so floored by this. If there is an up side to this I guess it would be that in Jedidiah's eyes I am a size 2.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

YEAH! You figured out the pictures. I knew you could do it, no problem. I love the fat people post. Isn't it amazing what goes on in little ones' heads. It kind of scares me a bit really.