Sunday, September 28, 2008

Friday Fun





On Friday's Jedidiah and myself go to work with Roger. He has 2 hours of office hours on Friday, so he leaves around 11:00. During this time Jedidiah and I try to learn our way around Nashville, and I must say we are getting better at it. It really isn't that difficult once you've been lost a few times. It seems being lost is the best way to figure out the lay of the land. We try to go and do something fun and then pick Rog up for lunch. Well this past Friday we found the Monkey's Treehouse. It is a kids dream. There are 2 tree houses, a kid size grocery store, dinosaur play table, magnetic wall, arts & crafts center, etc.. The list just keeps going. The best part is that the place isn't huge so you can keep an eye on your offspring, while sitting in very comfortable chairs or the sofa. Several moms read, or looked through magazines while their children were playing. I had taken many books to thumb through while Jedidiah was playing. You know the drill...you have it all figured out in your mind. 1.) you'll get there early 2.)It won't be too busy 3.)you can relax 4.)you are prepared w/ lots of books. Then it happens. You arrive....the place is packed....then chatty Cathy spots you! The conversation is on! Forget the books you are in a marathon conversation with a complete stranger. Although, I have to admit it was an interesting conversation with a poshmom.



After some time lapsed I looked up from across the room and saw these 2 adults looking at Jedidiah and laughing their heads off. He had his back to me. So, I am trying to figure out what he is doing. It kind off looked like he was getting ready to pee. So, I ran over to the Lego table to see what was so funny. And behold! My son is stuffing Legos into his underwear..GASP! How embarassing. He was building a gun, and those were his bullets. I had to unbutton his pants and dig the legos out of his underpants, while the adults that were laughing were saying, "I think he was just watching them fall through his shorts". I didn't tell them they were stuck to his skin in his undies. However, I did take them to the lady at the front desk for some sanitization.




I'll keep you posted on this weekends events. We are going to AL on Friday. My hometown Athens, AL is having their annual Fiddler's Convention, and I must say I am pumped! The first year Roger, and I were married we drove all the way from Fort Smith to see it. Roger decided it wasn't worth driving that far (8 1/2 hours) for one weekend. I haven't gotten to attend in about 8 years. So, I am excited to see a fiddle competition that always consists of Charlie Daniels' The devil went down to Georgia, and some good 'ole buck dancing. Not to mention the arts, crafts, and banjo playing. People come from all over for this event. I have to admit Roger isn't quite as pumped about it as I am.....but hey it is a tradition. My daddy and I used to go on Friday night, and get there Saturday morning early and stay all day until the last award was presented. There are good memories there.








1 comment:

Sisters said...

You crack me up..I loved this post.
AJL