Wednesday, September 24, 2008

One of those days

Do you ever just have one of those days? One of those days that you can tell by the mood of your preschooler whether it is going to be a good day or a not so good day. Also, one of those days that you can determine within the first 30 minutes of being awake whether it is going to be a good day for errands, grocery shopping, laundry, or just staying home? Laundry? Hmm what? You can stay home and do laundry. aannk! Wrong answer! As you all know we are living the apartment life, and with that we do not have washer and dryer hook up in our apartment (yes, it is a small one bedroom apartment). So, laundry for me means determining whether my sweet sweet boy is going to be able to handle a day of dragging our dirty goods to the laundry mat and sitting for a couple of hours, or if he could only sit for 1 load...which equals one hour. There is a play ground close by, but he claims it is boring! Because it only has a swing and a slide! There is a television in the laundry mat, but that is no fun either. Well, do I need to change my laundry day to a day that he is in preshool, and spend 2 hours of my free time doing laundry??? I think not. Needless to say I have concluded WE WILL DO LAUNDRY TODAY!! Even if it kills us! As we are getting all the dirty clothes ready to go, someone walks in our front door. Who on earth could that be? Then I hear Jedidiah yell, "Daddy! Daddy is home". I immediately think oh no! He has lost his job. I am already thinking, how are we going to pay the bills? Will we have to file bankruptcy? Then Roger tells me, "well, I bought you a new car today!" I'm sorry WHAT? I didn't quiet get that. He repeats. He had skipped his office hours to trade "Big Red", the truck in on a new car. For those of you who know us, I know what you are thinking- about time. Well, you are right. We were both driving vehicles from the 1990's, and were actually very proud they were still running with close to 200,000 miles on each of them. But it was about time. We got a new "little red car". This picture is what it looks like except the color. Ours is really red not maroon. It is a 2009 Chevy Cobalt, 4 door sedan. It has OnStar- which I am not even sure I know how to use or exactly what it is. I just remember seeing Kelly Rippa use it on a commercial when she was lost. It also has satellite radio. Can I just say I finally found a regular radio station with christian music. Huge achievement! Anyway, we are truly blessed and happy to have a new car, and hope that it will last 11 years or up to 200,000 miles whichever comes first. I should also tell you that Jedidiah isn't as happy about the trade. He wants the "Big Red Truck" back. He loved riding in that truck! Maybe eventually he will understand the greatness of our new car.

2 comments:

Sisters said...

Congrats on the pretty new red car!!!
Abby

Jennifer said...

Yippee! I'm sure it's very pretty. Don't you love the new car smell? Did you already have it when I talked to you earlier? Sorry I had to get off the phone quick due to a large school bus being in my way.