One week we got a note sent home from Jedidiah's teacher saying that he pushed 4 kids, and poked a little girl in the eye. I am sorry!! But how do you let ONE child push down 4 kids and poke someone in the eye! If it were true wouldn't you have kept a better eye on him after he pushed the 2nd kid down. And would YOU as an ADULT believe all this from another child? I personally believe these kids are ganging up on Jedidiah and saying he is doing stuff to them, and he very well may be and if so I believe they are then lying and saying they didn't do anything. He hates going to this preschool, and begs not to go. Keep in mind that is not the case with the one he goes to on the other two days of the week.
The reason I believe this is because just last week. Jedidiah's teacher at his other preschool told me that Jedidiah was the best child, and she wished she had a whole classroom full of Jedidiah's. I didn't even ask how he was doing. She just came up and told me this. She went on to say that he tried very hard on all his lessons, and did a good job. When I told her about the other school and that he gets into alot of trouble there. She proceeded to tell me that someone had to be bothering him there, because she could tell when other kids were bothering him, but that he tried to avoid conflict whenever he could. You can genuinely tell that she likes Jedidiah and that she watches the kids.
I am curious what you all think about this, or if you have ever had a similar situation. My neice, whom is a teacher acts like I am a little bit crazy, but if it were her child I am certain that wouldn't be the case. I am just hoping and praying that we don't have this problem in Kindergarten.
Enough about that! I really needed a good vent!! PHew! Now to the fun stuff!
Today Jedidiah had a field trip to the Fire Department. It was an exciting time! The kids had a blast! The Fire Department really went out of their way to make it a fun and memorable time. Here we are leaving the school. We only had to walk about 2 1/2 blocks. It was a nice day for it.
We have arrived!
The kids got to climb up into the truck, and man the hose! How Cool!!



Then they got to see where our fire fighters live while they are at work.
Living Room Area
Dining Room
In conclusion the kids got to learn what to do at home when the smoke detectors go off. They even got to practice crawling out.
2 comments:
Well, I am a teacher, and I think you're right. I know Jedidiah, and I cannot imagine him being mean to anyone, much less ganging up on 4 kids! That's ridiculous. He's probably so passive, the other kids try to make him angry. Jonah is really passive too, and I've seen the other kids be aggressive to him, even the girls! Try not to worry about it, you have raised a very sweet little boy!
I'm not sure if you want to at this point or not in the year, but I would probably meet with his teacher and explain to her your perspective and how he does at the other school.
Post a Comment