Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Cram Packed Weekend

After our little adventure to the Loveless Cafe on Friday, my sister invited us to meet them in Franklin at Chuck E Cheese's. We decided to do it. After all I had already received my stimulus coupons from Chuckie. The kids had a blast. I am sure those of you with more than one child can attest to the fact that it is really hard to take a picture with everyone looking, or even just one of them when they are together. So, here is a picture with absolutely no one looking at the camera. Jedidiah is staring intently on the sucker Molly is holding, and I can only imagine what he is about to do.



This is one of my favorites! It is Jedidiah and Molly playing the dancing game. It took both of them to keep up.


Sunday, rolled around and we had church, a baby shower, and a birthday party. Roger took Jedidiah to the party and I met them there later. The party was at the skating rink. It was amazing to me!! I used to go skating "ALL" the time growing up, and I was surprised to discover that absolutely nothing had changed. The same songs, the same games, and apparently the same people. Needless to say my son now knows: the song I Love Rock N Roll, who ACDC is, what a disco ball is, the hokey pokey, and how to play wipe out. If you have ever been skating you know exactly what I am talking about. Here are some photos from the party.




The theme of the party was Spiderman - the bad Spiderman. Venom, I believe they call him. Well, who ever knew!! Venom was a woman! I never knew! But much to my surprise he/she showed up at the party, and low an behold Venom had boobs! Now, I realize you can pull the wool over "most" kids eyes, but I was nervous about it with Jedidiah. He sometimes notices things others do not, but fortunately he is only 5, and didn't realize that Venom was indeed female. Phew! Glad I didn't have to explain that one.
Now to switch gears so to speak. You know before you have children you have all these "ideas" of what kind of parent you are going to be, and how wonderfully well behaved you are going to make certain "your" children are. I never thought I would have the loudest kid in the restaurant or the holy terror in the grocery store. I also swore I would never bribe "my child" to do anything. I was never going to let me child eat food from the grocery store while I was still sh0pping in order to appease him/her. Well, after I actually became a mom I realized that I had no clue what I was setting myself up for. I indeed do have the loudest kid in the restaurant, and will do absolutely whatever it takes to get in and get out of the grocery store in one peice, much less in a timely fashion. If you were to see us in the grocery store more than likely Jedidiah will be either eating something or drinking chocolate milk, although I must admit I usually try to go alone. Here is our latest whatever it takes.

Turns out Jedidiah is content riding on the very bottom of the buggy. Yes, they are called buggies! Although most of the civilized community would refer to them as a shopping cart. Myself, I go back and forth on it. Usually he will lay down under there and I have to remind myself he is down there he is so good and quiet.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love the pic with Jedidiah looking at the sucker. That's great. I remember that I rode on the bottom rack of the "buggie" when I was little too. Except I think it was the old fashioned kind that had the big cart part that folded down. Do you remember those? OH yeah, they actually took our groceries to the car in those days as well.

Anonymous said...

I love you read your blog! I used to blog a lot on myspace, but I never get on there anymore. I'm too busy to blog at the moment...I miss it though. It was nice to have a place to put my thoughts!

How is April? I know about everything, but was sworn to secrecy so I haven't mentioned anything to her or Pam (or you until now) but I want to help/give encouraging words, if there are any. I told Eddie that I hate that MDs offices do that--they scare you to death and then you can hardly breathe without worrying about it. Why even say anything? Why do the testing? We all know that April would never terminate and she will love this child with everything that she has. Why make everyone a basket case for 9 months when all in all a lot of times these things end up being a false alarm? Sometimes I think MDs don't think about it that way!
Anyways, Love you! The pictures are great! I emailed you some pics of Addie today. Come see us! Yall all come and stay with us one Friday or Saturday (or BOTH!!!) night! We want to see yall!