Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Blessing

As many of you know Roger and I have gone a few rounds over the past few years about whether or not to grow our family. At one point I was very much determined to do so, because I didn't want Jedidiah to grow up a "lonely only". Then you hear all the talk when a parent dies and there is only one child about how hard it is on that child. Can I just say, when my mom died and I was only 13 I don't have a clue what would have become of me without the love and care of my siblings. Don't get me wrong I had a loving father too, but he was trying to figure out how to do this alone same as me. With that aside, Roger on the other hand was adament to NOT have any more children. We were pretty much at a stand still. Listen up single people!!! This is a topic I STRONGLY urge you to discuss prior to marriage...just sayin! It is a good idea. Any who..we moved to Tennessee a year ago this month, and I had given in to Roger's idea of not having any more. I had learned to accept that his points were correct and that I was crazy for wanting more at our ages. Then low and behold it happened!!! and here we are!! Our little precious second bundle of joy is due February 18, 2010. I makes me very happy, but brings the most joy to see how happy and excited Jedidiah is. He kisses the baby (my tummy) almost every day. He says he can't wait to have a friend that will live with us. So sweet! Jedidiah was born to be a big brother! He is going to be AWESOME!! Can't wait to see how this will change our lives.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love it! I can't wait to see the new Lightner addition as well! (I won't kiss your tummy though.)

Jenn said...

Congrats! Before long Roger won't be able to imagine life without another child. I promise!!!